Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In anticipation of the new Kyza record

When Mr Sayso left Terra Firma I was guilty of thinking that it was all over for the dude. His album had some great tracks but I was still yet to be convinced he could hold his own without Klashnekoff, especially given that his album was stronger from top to bottom.

Since then though the world has gone through a few rotations and things have shaken out in a way that reminds me of the Brit Pop battle of Blur and Oasis. Those cheeky southerns suffered a bloody nose and lost the battle but histories are not written in a day and years after it was clear they were the only band with their credibility in tact.

Getting back to the Hip Hop, where's K-lash? He's been absent without leave since his last release, not so much as a guest appearance or, so it seems, a live one. Kyza on the other hand has been popping up on other people's records with the frequency of Jadakiss in the late 90s and is very much be on his grind. What's more it seems he's better than ever now he's doing his own thing. I've long believed that hard work wins out over talent every time and while I'm a fan of both it always seemed K-lash was the more natural emcee. Kyza though as carved himself a style and a niche and is working it well.

So with that here's the real reason for my excitement Kyza and Wretch 32 (who I'd not really rated much until I saw this but granted the guy's no slouch, even if he does mess up his first chomp of the beat), on the Big Dog's 1xtra show last month, which I have to thank DJ MK for bringing to my attention.

No comments: